Create an environment for innovation and collaboration
- Create a safe and generative space that enables ideation, experimentation and eventually the creation of something the world has never seen before.
- Support self-organizing around shared outcomes in order to spark individual creativity and strategic collaboration.
- Live by values that generate mutual respect and community because the journey into the future, the unknown, requires high levels of social bonding and good will.
- Integrate deliberate practices, processes and systems that generate safety and trust, which are the foundation for collaboration and innovation.
Intentionally Seek Opportunity
- Look into what already works well and look for what is emerging.
- Don’t stop at trying to fix what you don’t want. Reframe questions and goals in terms of what you truly want.
- Gather a wide range of perspectives to generate viable possibilities.
- Invite disruptive inquiry to challenge assumptions and ordinary ways of thinking to make way for unseen possibilities
Strengthen Relationships and Connection
- Be deliberate about building positive, trust-filled relationships.
- Communicate in ways that enhance engagement and build the capacity for co-creation.
- Use social technology that makes it easy to collaborate and connect
Invite Everyone to Engage
- Engage people in meaningful ways in work that affects them.
- Use high engagement strategies to gather people and tap collective wisdom
- Support people to take responsibility for their passion and self-organize with others to take action on behalf of the whole.
Experiment and Learn
- Use simple, rapid testing processes to support learning and innovation.
- Reward risk-taking – encourage ideation and experimentation.
- Integrate practices that make learning from failure and celebrating success the norm.